The LiFi R&D centre is internationally renowned for its contributions to pioneering Li-Fi and accelerating its development worldwide. The LiFi R&D centre offers a state-of-the-art multiuser LiFi network testbed for experimentation using off-the-shelf LED light bulbs connected to LiFi modems to support high-speed optical mobile internet communications. The centre incorporated LiFi technology into integrated low-cost, low-power small form-factor open hardware, creating the world’s first true IoT platform to test and evaluate LiFi in various applications. LiFi is a Visible Light Communication (VLC) based networking technology, which essentially delivers data by turning Light-Emitting Diode (LED) based light bulbs on and off at a light speed. More recently, the LiFi R&D centre pioneered the use of photovoltaic panels as receivers in LiFi to enabled self-powered links, which supports high-speed data communication and energy harvesting. The following proof-of-concepts and use-cases demonstrate the impact of LiFi optical wireless technology in revolutionizing the traditional wireless data communication systems.
- Multiuser LiFi attocellular network
- Software-defined networking (SDN)-enabled LiFi/WiFi hybrid network
- Seamless mobility in LiFi attocell access network
- LiFi Dimming control system testbed
- Visible light communication (VLC)wavelength division multiplexing (WDM)system
- LiFi single photovoltaic(LiFi SP) system
- Solar panel-basedLiFi(Li-Fi solar backhaul)